Founded in 2003, Freedom Health Insurance is an award-winning private medical insurance (PMI) provider aiming to offer exceptional customer service and simple, yet flexible products at competitive premiums for people living in the United Kingdom (UK) and overseas.
Freedom Health Insurance engaged i3 Digital's team to revitalise and rebuild their website (https://www.freedomhealthinsurance.co.uk/). Freedom Health Insurance's main goal was to develop a fully customer-centric website to drive private medical insurance enquiries and online sales. The site had to be modern and reflect the company’s new brand via a full-width, flat design and mobile-responsive interface. A key focus was the optimisation of user journeys and the funnelling of new potential customers and existing customers to their specific areas of interest. The site also had to allow them to fulfil their needs in an online self-service environment via interactive online quotation tools.
There was also a requirement for the new platform to become the go-to place for brokers and support them in their selling process via an enhanced, highly secure dedicated broker area with custom online quotation tools.
What we Delivered
Utilising Kentico version 12 MVC, the new Freedom Health Insurance website has been fully optimised with streamlined user journeys that allow customers to easily navigate and obtain quotes, as well as other PMI related information. Adopting MVC also means the new site is now future proof from a technology point of view and has a straightforward pathway to future upgrades and updates.
Freedom Health Insurance previously had two custom quote tools where brokers and individuals could request health insurance quotes. We redesigned and rebuilt these and our technical team architected them so that they are now integrated with Kentico’s user accounts management functionality. This functionality utilises Kentico’s API layer so that the site users can log in/register for both the website and quote tool. Personal and broker quotes are stored and can be displayed for users to review, retrieve and continue filling in when they have time.
Our team utilized their vast experience with Kentico to design and develop a highly customised solution that met all of Freedom Health Insurance’s goals, these being:
- Kentico Search Functionality – Provides Freedom’s potential and existing customers with predictive search capabilities for a more intuitive and user-friendly search experience.
- Kentico EMS Functionality – Allows Freedom Health Insurance to track site visitors and deliver targeted content.
- Email Marketing – Provides the ability for interested parties to sign-up online to receive relevant and pertinent information.
- Consent and Data Protection – Allows Freedom to meet and comply with the latest GDPR legislation.
- Kentico API - Enabled our developers to develop a high level of customised functionality needed to allow for authentication and single sign-on between the main website and the broker quote tool.
- Widgets & Personalisation Variants - Allowed us to deliver a solution to the client that simplifies the creation of content on the website and provides flexible personalisation capabilities.
- Kentico Online Forms – Provides the ability to capture relevant quote request information and allows users to indicate their interests.
The new website is highly user-centric and has greatly enhanced the conversion of visitors to leads. Freedom Health Insurance’s new site also incorporates a high level of complex functionality and features which are critical to the business’s current and future requirements. The initial results speak for themselves with a:
• 63% increase in the Visitor to Lead Conversion Rate immediately after launch
• 41% increase in the Visitor to Lead Conversion Rate compared to the same period in the previous year
• 10% immediate improvement in the Bounce Rate compared to the average Bounce Rate from the 3 months before launch
• 5.4% improvement in the Bounce Rate compared to the same period in the previous year
• 38% increase in the number of Pages/Session immediately after launch
• 23% increase in the number of Pages/Session compared to the same period in the previous year
Our web development project involved more than just a simple website build. We needed a platform that allowed us to integrate the website with our internal systems and APIs and that could also support an online broker portal. i3 Digital’s expertise and experience proved to be invaluable in completing this project and in giving Freedom Health Insurance a user-friendly, accessible and professional online platform.Daniel Tamarjan - Digital Marketing Manager