The award winning team at i3 Digital are looking for a Senior Digital Account Manager/Director for a new role based out of our Belfast HQ.
This role has been created following the rapid growth of new clients in the UK and the USA. Having delivered transformative web projects for these organisations, we now wish to recruit a strategic individual who can work alongside our clients to maximise the value of their investment. The person we are looking for will help to build the business case for additional investment. This is likely to be achieved by working with our UX and technical teams to proactively present new ideas and get buy in from our clients. This role will be very much a marriage of marketing and consultative sales. The individual we require must be happy to set and agree realistic revenue generating targets which will be tied into an incentive/bonus scheme.
We want someone who is good at establishing and building relationships, strategic alignment, and straight talking are important values to us. The right person will help us to improve upon the already transparent relationships we hold with our clients, by representing the company in a professional, friendly and insightful manner. The role will include travel to England and the USA. A generous salary and bonus scheme is available depending on experience.
Our team would like to make clear that we are not just interested in speaking to people with ‘agency’ experience. If your skills and drive match what we are trying to achieve you should consider applying.
Who will you be working with?
This role will be a key role within our agency and will require you to work with the sales, marketing, project management, technical and UX teams. You will be expected to collaborate with the sales team, to help accurately forecast the flow of new work from existing and new clients into our production schedule. You will report directly to the CEO.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in digital roles – We don’t expect you to know everything but a good knowledge of websites, UX, CMS, development, production processes, and project management methodology is a must.
- Strong presentation skills – As part of the application process, we may require you to complete a small presentation. This will be useful in your role for helping to sell ideas into clients.
- Strong knowledge of campaign based marketing techniques – We have started to provide Marketing Automation and Web Personalisation services for our clients through our CMS partners Kentico and Sitecore. Knowledge of these systems or standalone eCRM / Marketing Automation tools (E.G. Marketo, Hubspot, Eloqua, Silverpop, etc) would be a definite advantage.
- An analytical approach – We require someone who is certified in marketing software and Google Analytics and has the ability to look at and interpret data. A knowledge of systems like SEOMoz, Google Tag Manager and Google Search Console is essential.
- A good communication manner and style – The nature of our work does mean that lots of client correspondence are completed over the web and conference phone. An ability to accurately capture notes and deliver on actions is essential.
- To not be scared of technology – Lots of the solutions that we have built for our clients are highly integrated with other business systems. Again, we don’t need you to know about the most intricate technical details of our work, but you must be able to participate in technical conversations without being overwhelmed.
- Have a strong customer service ethos – This might not be evidenced by lots of awards for delivering customer satisfaction but we are interested in how you have overcome difficult situations with customers or stakeholders.
- Understanding of CRM – We use Zoho CRM to manage our client contacts and potential sales opportunities through to signed off P. O’s. We want someone who has a good attention to detail who can ensure this system accurately reflects our sales pipeline.
- Strong written language skills – The right person should be confident in drafting up business documents including proposals, meeting reports and sales orders. They might also be good at writing blog content (we’re always looking for good content to publish!)
- Good financial awareness – It is important that this person spends their time profitably. We will be looking for you to be self-directed in trying to prioritise clients with live opportunities. We will also expect attention to detail when projects are being completed. If projects are likely to go over-budget this should be escalated to the relevant person.
- Build relationships with existing and new clients
- Formulate and attend pitches for new work
- Run client review meetings and assist clients with developing and delivering their digital marketing strategies
- Define and agree realistic revenue generating targets from key accounts with CEO
- Create reports for the CEO covering client profitability and potential opportunities with likely close dates
- Work with the UX and technical teams to proactively engage clients with potential new work.
- Ensure client work is completed on time and on budget and to the client’s satisfaction
- Developing lead nurturing and lead generation campaigns for our clients
- Participating in workload planning and helping the business to make smart decisions when it comes to balancing the competing needs of different clients
- Work with the Marketing team to take quarterly propositions to existing clients (E.G. ‘New Year New Look’, ‘CMS Spring Clean’, ‘Autumn Budget Planner’, ‘Holiday Season Promo Planning’)
- Help to spread your marketing and client knowledge within our organisation by participating in webinars and completing internal presentations
We are not an organisation which requires huge amounts of academic qualifications in order to employ people. The most important thing for us is the experience in a digital role for over 5 years. Any academic qualifications which support this experience will, of course, be relevant but we are most interested in the skills you can bring to our organisation from your previous professional experience.
The atmosphere at i3 Digital is unique. We have a very diverse team but we are all very friendly. There is a lively lunchtime scene with regular air-hockey, pool, and retro-gaming competitions. There’s also a crowd who go for after work drinks most Friday’s.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience but will range from £30K – £40K + bonus. Bonus will be based upon up-sell and level of new business generated from your key accounts. 21 paid holiday days (plus bank holidays), a contributory pension scheme and a fully expensed mobile phone will also be provided.