From corporate marketing websites to highly complex and integrated eCommerce solutions, our team are the go-to Kentico experts of choice for leading global organisations. We have built, rebuilt and upgraded, hundreds of Kentico websites for a range of global businesses and organisations.
We are one of the most experienced Kentico partners, with a twenty (20) strong team of certified Kentico developers. We have been working with Kentico since 2006, to deliver highly integrated web applications that create real value for our clients.
As Kentico has matured and evolved as a business over the last 15 years, so have we. As Kentico has transitioned from ASPX and web forms to .NET MVC and Kentico Cloud, our team have up-skilled and re-skilled to keep ahead of Kentico’s technology curve. They still have their legacy Kentico Portal Engine skills but are now enjoying the new MVC and Kentico Cloud journey.
Kentico is changing and evolving
Kentico has never stood still and has always been pushing its technology stack forward to meet the needs of their global partner network and its customer base. Kentico MVC is, without doubt, the latest and greatest incarnation of Kentico’s Web Content Management and Online Marketing Platform. The new platform separates code and design from content, making it the most flexible and intuitive Kentico version to date. While still being able to meet your content, email marketing, eCommerce, and content personalisation needs. It also has added features such as GDPR and data protection capabilities.
Kentico Portal vs MVC
- The ASP.NET Forms framework is slowly becoming obsolete
- Harder maintenance and upgrades
- Slower performance
- Drag and drop interface
- The MVC development model is future-ready
- Easier maintenance and upgrades
- Faster performance
- Page builder's drag and drop, widget-based interface with better UX
Important Kentico dates to note
- End of 2020 - Kentico will no longer develop on their legacy Portal Engine solution and use pure MVC web development for Kentico version 2020 onwards
- 2021 - Kentico will not provide hotfixes or security updates for Portal Engine
- 2023 - Kentico projects built on Portal Engine will no longer be supported by Kentico
These are critical points to consider when planning your build, rebuild or upgrade projects going forward.